Digital Strategy and Analytics
- You will learn a basic definition of digital and how to identify, shape and execute digital opportunities in order to increase your organization’s competitive advantage.
- You will learn how to develop a cohesive digital strategy and how to measure its effectiveness.
- .You will become familiar with a range of key concepts such as audience
- segmentation, customer journey, pathways to conversion, the differences between a paid, owned and earned approach across the consumer decision journey, destinations (websites and apps), communications (advertising, social, email and search) and optimizations (analytics and testing).
- We’ll review best in class examples how digital content can fulfill the consumers’ desire for information, utility and entertainment at specific cross-hairs of their typical day or week – resulting in better performing marketing campaigns.
- Digital Strategy development process and tools
- Practical understanding of how to use new digital technologies
- Specific analytical tools to measure the effectiveness of digital strategies and programs.
- Examples of best practice digital strategies and analytical tools
- High comfort level in working with digital concepts and practices
Shane Johnston , Executive Vice President, Director of Client Development, Capstrat, is charged with developing marketing strategies and integrated communications plans for Capstrat clients. His 25-year career spans client and agency marketing in B2C and B2B environments. His expertise in campaign development and marketing implementation delivers results for clients like Lenovo, VMware, Teleflex, MWV and UNC-Chapel Hill. Shane’s client side experience includes stops at Sprint, Mutual of Omaha, Methodist Health Systems and Nortel Networks. Before Capstrat, he led client strategy at Brooks Bell Interactive, working with Chase Bank, AARP, The Wall Street Journal and Clearwire. Shane served as 2010 president of the Triangle American Marketing Association. He earned his BSBA and MBA from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Jon Barlow, Senior Vice President, Group Digital Director, Capstrat leads web, mobile, SEO/SEM, UX and overall digital strategies for clients. With more than 18 years of experience in digital marketing and advertising, Jon is adept at providing solutions that properly blend design, technology and strategy for clients such as Lenovo, Cree, GlaxoSmithKline, Quintiles and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Before joining Capstrat, Jon was a senior digital strategist at a regional agency, where he provided digital marketing strategy for the agency’s top clients. Previously, Jon was instrumental in developing, launching and managing the digital marketing and social media marketing efforts for Aspen Dental, the largest dental practice management company in the U.S. Jon earned his bachelor’s degree in Communications from the University at Buffalo and a Sun Java internet application developer certification from Syracuse University.